Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Relief Society

First: Correction on the last entry, I hurt my behind in July, not June.


   Sunday, Grandma and I went to church. Not gonna lie, Sunday school was boring. It took a lot to follow where the teacher was going, he skipped from scripture to scripture. I couldn't follow, and the chairs was hurting my bum.
  Relief Society was awesome and so uplifting. The lesson was on "Who's line are you on?" Are you on the right side with Heavenly Father or on the wrong with Satan? It made me think of all the times when little things like not going to the rest of my church meetings is putting me closer to Satan's side, and not my Heavenly Fathers. Those "little" things that we think won't make a difference are really pulling us in the wrong direction.
  During this lesson, our teacher donned a camo shirt and hat. She was our "troop" leader. We were her cadets, and we were going to become stronger so we wouldn't be pulled to closer to the other side. We stood up and began marching in place. And began to repeat after her.

  Sisters in Zion Boot Camp

#1
Women warriors we can be
Live our lives more valiantly
Buff and beautiful that's right
As we spread the gospel light
We're tough
We're Buff
We're made...of the...right stuff!

#2
With the shield of faith we'll go
Armed with truth to fight the foe
We can stand those fiery darts
Because the Savior's in our hearts
Stay strong
Stay true
That is...what we... can do!

#3
Agency is a gift from God
The power to choose the path I trod
When I make a really good choice
Satan's devils have no voice
Choose truth
Choose light
I will choose... the right!

#4
We'll stay strong and we'll stay true
'Cause Father's promises are sure
If we choose to do what's right
Eternal blessings are in sight
Stay strong
Stay pure
We know...we can...endure!

#5
My Father's King of Heaven and Earth
That makes me of Royal Birth
Like a star-filled night I'll shine
Because by nature I'm divine
Star light
Star bright
That's right...shine bright...tonight!

#6
With one voice we will speak out
We can whisper, we can shout
Dispel the darkness with our light
Arise shine forth with all your might
Shine light
Shine bright
Go forth...with all...your might!

It was a lot of fun, and a lesson I won't be forgetting anytime soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment