Saturday, March 3, 2012





I had last Thursday off, and I decided to try and make my own tuxedo cake. I had this vision of making individual portions, almost like an appitizer size. I went searching for the perfect size of countainer I could use for a mold. Walking around Walmart, I came up with this idea of using a can of some sort. I ended up buying some tomato paste, opening both ends and using that as my mold. I was pretty happy with myelf. ( Now we have a container of tomato paste to use) I made a german chocolate cake using a jelly roll cake pan. Made instant chocolate mousse, no bake cheesecake, and chocolate ganache with sugar free chocolate chips. I then layered everything into my "molds." Refridgerated for an hour and half and pushed them out. I truely believe with a little tweeking, they will be a winning desert.
Also, mom wanted me to make chicken-spinach stramboli for dinner, so I took pictures of that as well. It is really yummy, and so easy to make.

2 comments:

  1. my mouth is watering....come to Texas and cook for us PLEASE!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been trying to find tickets that aren't to expensive. I would love to come to Texas. Miss you guys!!

      Delete